- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup flour or white rice powder for gluten-free
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 onions chopped
- 6 cup chicken broth
- 6 cup milk
- 1 ½ cup flour or white rice powder for gluten free
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon pepper
- Saute the onions in butter until translucent.
- Add the broth, spices and bring to a boil.
- Using an immersion blender (or blender), blend until smooth.
- Return to heat and keep the broth mixture simmering.
- Whisk the milk and flour (or rice powder) together in a mixing
- Pour the milk and flour mixture into the simmering broth
whisking as you pour.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat until thickened - about
10 minutes or longer depending on the quantity of soup being
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Use as desired - Store in the refrigerator - Freezes well.