Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 7 hours
- 200g rye bread
- 80g whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500 ml buttermilk
- 160g syrup (agave)
- Pre heat oven to 180 C
- Line a baking tin with greasproof paper, grease with oil
- Mix dry ingredients together in bowl, mix and stir wet ingredients separately.
- Mix wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture in baking tin, cover with more oiled greaseproof paper and wrap this with tinfoil loosely. Leave the room for bread (it will rise). Put the tin in the oven and turn temperature down to 110 C, bake for 7 hours.