Prep time: 4 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon regular paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- one 15-ounce can chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the chickpeas. The mixture will be thick and paste-like. If it seems too thick, drizzle in a little more olive oil.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl and toss to coat. Spread them in a single layer across a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper, then put it in the oven.
- Cook chickpeas for 20 minutes, then mix them around on the baking sheet. Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, checking every five minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
- When chickpeas are golden brown, remove from oven and let cool. Store leftovers in a zip-top bag, if you can refrain from eating them all in one sitting.
In my case I had to lower temperature to 200°C or chickpeas would burn.